If you would like to buy gifts for a child in need, you can pick up a Giving Tree tag at your child’s school or contact us (click here). You can adopt individual children or an entire family. Each tag has the child’s age, gender, and wishlist printed on it. Possible wishlist items include toys, clothes, and shoes.
If you do choose to participate in the Giving Tree, you will need to return all gifts unwrapped with the tag attached by Friday, December 8th, 2017.
Our school collects the following donations:
- Non-Perishable Food Items
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Toy/Other Gifts
Everything donated to our food drive stays within our local community and is given directly to the families who need it. Money donations go towards buying things like meal vouchers for a holiday dinner, fresh food, and gifts for children who weren’t adopted from our giving tree.
If you have a child at our high school, food and money donations will count towards our annual competition between our first period classes. The class that receives the most donations will receive a special prize.
If you would like to donate, there are boxes to collect donations in the offices of all of our schools (or if you have a high school student, there is a box in their first period classroom). If you are a business that would like to donate, click here. We will also be collecting donations out in our community:
- Cash Can – On December 2nd, we will be standing at the four-way stop in town to collect money donations.
- Grocery Store Collection – Throughout our food drive, we will be standing outside of grocery stores in our area, such as our local IGA or stores in neighboring towns/cities, with wishlists of items we would like to collect. We can also collect money donations at these locations.
Here’s a few more ways to help:
- If you’re a high school student, you can talk to your first period teacher about signing up for one of our grocery store collection times. There will also be opportunities for students to earn community service hours by doing things like moving donated food to where we need it. See Mr. Dinwiddie or a Food Drive Coordinator for more information.
- If you’re a business, you can allow students to stand outside of your store and ask people for donations. Click here for more information.
- Spread the word! The more people that know about our food drive, the more successful we will be in reaching our goals.